Had to copy this across without some of the pictures and added bits http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/the-16-best-things-about-being-in-a-book-club
1. Reading a new book at least once a month.
Having set deadlines forces you to read by a specific date, and you’ll likely spend more time opening a book than watching TV. Reading also helps expand your communication skills!
2. Meeting new and interesting people.
Highly suggest ice breakers. They get the party going.
3. And therefore making new friends.
4. Reading books you wouldn’t normally read.
This is also the beauty of a diverse book club. The members have different interests and you therefore get to expand your personal library. You may end up loving something you never would’ve picked up!
5. Having people to talk to as soon as you finish a book.
Even if it’s before your meeting.
6. Red wine or fruit cider
7. White wine or fruit cider
8. All wine or fruit cider
9. Having long and thoughtful discussions about your latest read.
10. Or engaging in heated debates.
Nothing wrong with a little disagreement!
It’s like the night version of brunching.
12. And catching up with members about life, pop culture, and new novels.
Spend 20% of your time discussing the book and 80% drinking and gossiping.
13. Discovering a great book that might make you cry.
14. Or collectively arguing about bad stories and terrible characters.
just don’t mention this one
15. Getting excited for the next meeting.
16. And defending your book club to anyone who dares to make fun of you.
my biggest battle